Saturday, July 28, 2012

Word Inventory for Reading Street


I'm taking classes this summer trying to complete my masters degree. After this class I only have three more to go! I'm so ready to be complete. It has be a long, hard road. The class I'm taking now is called Content Area Reading and Writing through the University of Texas at Arlington or UTA. It's a very affordable program. For one of my homework assignments I had to make a lesson plan to do with vocabulary. So I did it using our current Reading Street program. The activity I'm posting is a pre-learning activity where you assess what the student knows. The students rate how well they know the vocabulary words for the story "The Twin Club." This is the first story in the 2nd grade Reading Street Curriculum. Also included is a game to do with vocabulary words. You have to write the vocabulary words on clothespins. The students clip the word to the correct meaning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment