Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sewing Class Here I Come!


I went into Joann's the other day just to buy a tri-board for my classroom. I plan on making a board for my Writing and Math center. I was oh so good, only picking up just what I needed and not boatload of other things. :) That is so hard to do sometimes! Anyhow the lady at the checkout counter tells me they have special going on. A buy one get one free on all their classes.

I have been wanting to take some formal sewing training for ages. I never got to complete Home Economics in high school because of illness. So I jumped at the chance. Who doesn't like a sale? I ended up taking the Sewing 101 and 102 which covers the basics. I've already been to the first class. There was very little taught that I didn't know but it was a great refresher.

 In the next class we will be making a pillow. I also signed up for a more advanced class to make a shirt and a dress. Altogether the classes cost me $90 for four classes. Not to shabby I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment