Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dry Erase Board Makeover

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love dollar stores and thrift stores. The two are a teachers best friend. I was excited to find the dry erase boards that the Dollar Tree offers for one buck each. I thought this would be a cheap way to get a class set rather than paying $3-5 per board.


Well after using then sparingly throughout the year, they looked like they had been through World War III. Apparently the glue used does not keep the molding on that is all around them. Nearly all of them were coming apart. It leaves you with a sticky mess. I was pretty upset that my money would be down the drain.

Instead of throwing them away I wanted to come up with a way to make them work. Enter the old faithful duct tape. I found a really cute Hawaiian looking print that matches my tropical island theme that I'm going for again this year. It took the whole roll to about 8 of them. I think they turned out pretty cute. Tell me what you think?


Another option is to use dry erase contact paper over sturdy cardboard. This would work just as well.


1 comments:

twilliams said...

Love the colored duct tape hey have now! Your boards look awesome! That was a great idea instead of throwing them out and starting over!
I am now a follower and hope ou will check out my blog when you can.

Teresa

2nd Grade Pig Pen

Post a Comment